Niger State Governor, Abubakar Sani-Bello, on Sunday, said that all passengers abducted while traveling in the state-owned, Niger State Transport Agency, NSTA, had been released.
Twenty-one passengers of the state transport company, NSTA were abducted at Kundu via Yakila in Rafi Local Government of the state last week.
The State Governor had secured the release of ten passengers.
The Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Alhaji Mohammad Dani Idris, had said that the 10 persons were rescued through some ‘multiple strategies’ adopted by the state government.
However, a tweet on the Governors Twitter page o Sunday read, “Breaking News: The Niger State Government has succeeded in securing the release of all Abducted #RescueNSTAPassengers. Details shortly.”
Meanwhile, students kidnapped at Government Science College, Kagara, Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State are yet to be released.
Recall that 27 students and 15 members of staff were taken away by motorcycle-riding bandits.
There were reports that the rescued passengers are on their way to Government House, Minna, the State capital.
During the attack last week, while a woman and her child were left at the scene of the attack, 21 other passengers were taken away.
The bandits later released a video where they threatened to kill the victims.
In the video, which went viral on social media, the bandits released gunshots into the air, forcing the female captives to run for cover while the males pleaded with them.
Leave A Response