The Kaduna State Police Command on Monday said its operatives have restored normalcy following an attack on motorists traveling the Abuja-Kaduna highway on Sunday which left 4 people dead, 5 injured.
A statement said, “The Command wishes to inform the public that on 22/07/2018 at about 06:30pm, a distress call was received that a group of unidentified Armed Men blocked Kaduna–Abuja express road by Gidan Busa Village and opened fire indiscriminately at any vehicle on sight.
“In swift response, teams of Police Men stormed the scene where the bandits were dislodged but sadly they had already killed four (4) commuters and injured five (5) others in their dastardly act
“Normalcy has been restored on the road with commuters moving safely without molestation.
“The Police Command uses this medium to reassure the public that we are committed even than before to protect life and property of Nigerians, irrespective of time, venue and circumstance.
“In this regard, we call on the general Public to volunteer information to security agencies to assist us in ridding our communities of such violent miscreants who have constituted threat to our peaceful coexistence.”
DSP MUKHTAR ALIYU,
PPRO, For CP, Kaduna State Command.
Leave A Response