Scroll to Top
Security

Troops rescue 7 additional victims of attack on travelers in Jos

Against the backdrop of travellers in Rukuba Community road in Jos North LGA of Plateau State in Saturday, troops of Operation Safe Haven on Sunday said seven more victims had been rescued.

Recall that 12 victims were earlier rescued by the troops during the attacks which wad said to have leftalso left 22 persons dead with several others injured.

The victims were said to be returning from the annual Islamic Zikr prayer in Bauchi State and heading for Ikare in Ondo State when they ran into irate youths mourning their kinsmen earlier killed by suspected herdsmen.

A statement by the Military Information Officer for Operation Safe Haven, Major Ishaku Takwa said the seven victims rescued during the latest operation had been taken to a safe place for medical attention.

It said, “Troops of Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) has today, Sunday, 15 August 2021, rescued seven more victims of Rukuba Road attack on commuters yesterday.

“The victims have been taken to a safe place for medical attention and care.

“The troops are still on search operation to get the remaining missing victims.”

END

Like it? Share it!

Leave A Response