President Muhammadu Buhari is deeply saddened over the air crash that claimed the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, and other military officers.
The President condoles with families of the deceased, the military, and Nigerians in general, describing them as “heroes who paid the ultimate price for peace and security in the land.”
While praying that God receives the souls of the patriots, the President says the crash “is one mortal blow to our underbelly, at a time our armed forces are poised to end the security challenges facing the country.”
The President pledged that the departed would not die in vain.
The statement wa signed by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President, Media and Publicity.
Meanwhile a List of Offices with the late Army Chief is ase follows:
- LT GEN I ATTAHIRU – COAS
- BRIG GEN MI ABDULKADIR – Chief of Staff to Army Chief
- BRIG GEN OLAYINKA – Acting Provost Marshal, Nigerian Army
- BRIG GEN KULIYA – Acting Chief of Military Intelligence
- MAJ LA HAYAT – ADC to COAS
- MAJ HAMZA – Chief Security Officer (CSO) to COAS
- SGT UMAR – Orderly to COAS
- FLT LT TO ASANIYI – Pilot
- FLT LT AA OLUFADE – Co-Pilot
- SGT ADESINA – Aircraft Engineer
- ACM OYEDEPO – Aircraft Engineer