Fresh batch of 7,000 Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists surrender to Theatre Command, Hadin Kai.

A fresh batch of 7,000 additional Boko Haram/ Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), terrorists have surrendered to the Nigerian Troops in the past one week.

Theartre Commander, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK)  in the North East Joint Operation, Maj.- Gen. Christopher Musa disclosed this on Wednesday in Maiduguri.

The Theayre Commander said the military onslaught against the ISWAP and Boko Haram terrorists in the North East zone has continued to record significant successes.

“This is evident as thousands of the insurgents comprising of combatants, non combatants, foot soldiers along-side their families, continued to lay down their arms in different parts of Borno to accept peace.”

Gen Musa explained that the surrendered terrorists and their families are expected to be carefully profiled by the Nigerian army and other stakeholders before they undergo rehabilitation processes.

He said that so far, about 30,000 insurgents and their families have surrendered in the last nine months following intense counter offensive operations against the terrorists and other actions which has made surrendering the only option left for them.

Recall that Operation Hadin Kai which was launched on April 30, 2021, was formerly known as Operation Lafiya Dole.

spw news today

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here