Troops of 233 Battalion deployed in operation Lafiya Dole Friday 27 April 2018 while on raid operation to Mingel and Damagun in Fune Local Government Area of Yobe state nabbed four Boko Haram terrorists with their collaborator.
The suspects who are all from Borno State include: Chari Masaa – 40years, Gonbuzu Abar – 30years, Modu Moduchollo – 20 years, Titta Masawa – 20 years while their collaborator is Gambo Idrisa – 30 years.
A statement by Brigadier General Texas Chukwu, Director Army Public Relations said items recovered include: 4 Techno phones, a cash of N150, 000. 00.
Similarly, troops of Forward Operation Base, Potiskum on 26 April 2018 while on routine patrol arrested a suspected Boko Haram terrorist, Mr. Sailsu Musa – 30 years of Sabon Gari Duddaye village in Nangere Local Government Area.
The general public is hereby advised to report any suspicious movements to the security agents for necessary action.
Meanwhile, the army in Maiduguri said it has granted pardon to three UNICEF staff over “unfounded” allegations of human rights abuse and rape.”
The Theatre Commander Maj. Gen. Rogers Nicholas earlier last Thursday declared Priscillia Hoveyda, Maher Farea and Milen Kidane, child protection specialists with UNICEF, persona non grata for their involvement in the allegations.
It was disclosed that following the truce, the army decided to back down and directed that the affected staff should feel free to conduct their businesses in the Northeast.
A statement by Lt Commander Delightsome Yohana said the declaration of persona non grata on the UNICEF staff had been withdrawn.
It reads: “The Theatre Commander Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas after discussions and due consultations with the leadership and executives of UNICEF, has withdrawn the declaration of persona non grata declared on the three UNICEF staff involved in the issue at stake, stating that they are at liberty to go about their duties”.