The attention of the Nigeria Police Force, Kogi State Police Command has been drawn to some media publication that thirteen (13) Students of Kogi State University Anyigba were killed.
2. The figures released on the purported killings is false and capable of misleading the public on the security situations in Kogi State.
3. The Command wish to state categorically clears the fact of the incidents as follows;
i. That on 01/11/19, Justice Keke, 300 Level student of physics Dept was killed on campus after theatre Arts production.
ii. On 02/11/19,unidentified corpse seen in an undeveloped building behind the university.
iii. On 03/11/19,one Abdulraman Usman,200 level student of History Dept was killed at his father’s lodge, New gateway at about 0630hrs.
iv. On same date 03/11/19,two corpse were identified as Olaruntoba Godwin, 400level student of Geo/planning Dept. and Ajileye Richard, 200 level Accounting seen inside the bush behind Harbor bay hotel. These give a total of five persons killed and not thirteen being carried in the news.
4. The Commissioner of Police urge all peace loving citizens of Kogi State and the country at large to discountenance such misleading information but gravitate towards issues that will bring peace in the State.
5. The Commissioner of Police wish to use this medium to reassures members of the public that, the Nigeria Police Force shall deploy all its machineries with an elaborate security arrangement in synergy with other security agencies to provide a secure environment for all eligible voters to exercise their franchise without fear of intimidation and molestation. And equally deal decisively with any Political thugs or hoodlums who may want to disrupt the electoral process.
6. Finally, the Commissioner of Police urge members of the public to always report any incident to the Police for prompt response.
DSP William Ovye Aya,
Police Public Relations Officer,
For: Commissioner of Police,
Kogi State Police Command
Leave A Response