President Muhammadu Buhari’s has developed a framework to train and equip, personnel of the Nigerian Police to tackle insecurity.
A statement by Odutayo Oluseyi of the Ministry of Police Affairs, said towards this end, the Minister, Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi, has inaugurated a 12-member Ministerial Interim Committee on the Nigeria Police Trust Fund., chaired by Mr. Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Police Affairs.
The committee includes Mrs. Moremi Soyinka-Onijala, lawyer, one of the daughters of Professor Wole Soyinka.
According to the statement, Dingyadi (minister) explained that the careful selection of members of the Committee which comprises of Directors/Heads of Units of the Ministry and senior members of the Police hierarchy was to meet various sector requirements.
The team is to draw up the take-off budget for the Trust fund and Liaise with the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation for a suitable office accommodation for the administration of Funds.
It is to determine the logistics and other necessary requirements for the effective take-off of the Fund; Develop an organizational structure for the administration of staff of the fund; & Develop a timeline for the take-off of the Fund.
Additionally, it is to propose a date for the inauguration of the board.
Members of the committee are as follows:
1. Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri (FCA) – Permanent Secretary – Chairman.
2. Dr. Kayode Musbau K – (DFA) – Member
3. Bombata Babatunde H. – (DHRM) – Member
4. Barr. Moremi Soyinka-Onijala – (PID) – Member
5. Afroka Emmanuel Chukudi – SA/Perm. Sec. – Member
6. Joseph O Egbunike – CP – Member
7. Shehu Usman Shuaibu – AG. CP – Member
8. Augustine Akpofure Saromi Fsi – DCP – Member
9. Jonathan Towruru – DCP – Member
10. Emeka Frank Mba – DCP/FPPRO – Member
11. Abel Jangnap Miri Zwalchir – ACP – Member
12. Zubairu M.G. – D(PSD) – Member
Leave A Response